Monday, August 29, 2016

8/22/16

Hey Mom!

So first off let me know how the family is. It's been really hard out here thinking about things back home but it is what I have to do. So yeah tell me everything.

Now as far as my email home this week I have to first say WOOO! I finished my first transfer (6 weeks in the field) today!!! That means I only have 16 left haha but who's counting!? So some interesting news, Elder Donovan is getting called to be a zone leader in Colorado so he will be leaving Rawlins which is really sad! The good news is Elder Prescott is going to be staying and finishing my training, so that will be sweet! We actually are going to be the chain gang for the high school football team here and will do it in our missionary clothes with pass along cards, so this is going to be super fun!!!

So I'm going to summarize how the last two weeks have been because I didn't really get to email last week because of something really cool. We were able to take Fole to the temple with us on Monday for the open house. Anyone, no matter who you are, can go and walk through and see what's inside, and we were super lucky to have Trent who's a stud take us there. The whole time he was giving us advice for our mission and he's actually a musician and lets us play his uke and guitar whenever we go over. Fole is a big tough Islander started crying in the temple because of how strong the spirit was there. Before we walking in I remember he was so nervous and was like, "My heart is going to pop out. I think I'm going to die." It was a super cool experience.

We've picked up a couple new investigators, two kids our age and then a firefighter. We've been working right now with about 6 investigators and a couple of different families that are having trouble staying active. Oh duh, I totally forgot, so we had our first baptism!! His name is Dezman. Elder Prescott was teaching him in Saratoga, but we taught like 3 lessons to him and were able to get to know him. It was a real eye opener watching his face as he came out of the water. It was such a powerful experience seeing the light of Christ enter his body.

Also, so Fole is pretty much living with us as a mini mission and he calls us his "oose" or "uuse" I'm not sure how to spell it, but it means brothers. He's also teaching me how to speak Samoan, so I'm getting my wish to learn the language.

All in all, time is moving by really fast and it's crazy. I really hope I can hear from all of you!

-Elder Litster

Fort Collins Temple Open House

Fort Collins, CO Temple

Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment