Monday, August 29, 2016

8/8/16

Dear Family and friends,

So this week has been pretty interesting, I'm not going to lie.  Having Elder Prescott has been pretty cool.  So Monday we go to go explore Rawlins and found some pawn shows and thrift stores, so we will definitely be going back to those places. We also found a music store that has ukulele's in there, so Elder Prescott and I got to play with those for a while. For dinner we met with Grant Rothenburger (an investigator), and then watched the Joseph Smith Restoration movie. I was way powerful and he really enjoyed it.

Tuesday was killer! We had 6 lessons which is my most in a day so far, so I am feeling very blessed. We got to teach 3 investigators and 3 inactives and all the lessons went really well. My favorite lesson was with Josh (who's the guy that used to be a pastor). We talked about the plan of salvation but really focused on being forgiven through Jesus Christ. And than I got the inspiration to have him skip in the Book of Mormon to Alma, and to read about the change Alma the Younger went through. I gave him background on it and he seemed to really like it, so I'm hopeful he remembers to read it.

Wednesday we did a bunch of service at the old Pen museum and that's where we got these sweet pictures. We also had to drive out to Saratoga to meet with some of Elder Prescott's investigators. One of them is already on date to be baptized, which is cool! He's a super nice guy. His name is Dezman and he is actually getting married in two weeks. We taught him about the importance of keeping the commandments and it went really well.

Most of Thursday and Friday was service, so there isn't a lot to share other than we helped 5 families move in or out haha.

So I figured I'd share about the lesson I led with Hope and Mel on Saturday. At one point Hope started crying as I spoke, and Elder Prescott and Donovan both said I did a really good job. But I shared with her the message about Jesus Christ and what he experienced in Gethsemane and on the Cross. How He never stopped showing love for us, and that He sacrificed himself for each one of us individually. When I asked her what she would say to Christ if He appeared to her, she just started crying and shared how much love she would show Him.

Sunday we went to 7 hours of church since we cover 4 wards now haha. We were so tired. We also got another lesson in with Dezman which was cool, he gets baptized on the 19th! At the end of the day we were driving home and we passed by three black guys that looked like they were in their 20s. They saw us and threw gang signs at us. I felt prompted to turn the truck around (I was driving), and the other Elder's were like "What the heck? What are you doing?!" And I was like, "relax..." So I pulled up next to them and got out and shook their hands and talked with them for almost half an hour about what they thought of missionaries. They said they respected me. That was way cool because at first they were trying to threaten me and intimidate me. But it helps having two companions over 6'4" haha. We got their number and are going to play bball tomorrow for P day.

That's all I can think of for this week so if you want to know more or have questions or want to share pictures by all means please do :)

Love Elder Litster





Exploring on the way to Rawlins
Exploring on the way to Rawlins 2
Exploring on the way to Rawlins 3
Exploring on the way to Rawlins 4
Having service fun
Having service fun 2
Having service fun 3
With Mission Pres.

No comments:

Post a Comment