Saturday, August 6, 2016

8/1/16

Dear family and Friends:  

Roller Coaster 

That is exactly how this week has gone haha it's been pretty hard not gonna lie, I kind of procrastinated on this email so it's gonna be a little bit shorter due to time (Sorry/you’re welcome). Elder Binngem (however you spell his name) is going home today, it's freaking crazy we got really close really fast and now his mission is done! So Elder Prescott is going to be joining me and Elder Donovan, which is going to be so cool! He has a ton of weights that he's bringing so I'm pumped about that haha. Three heads are better than two,  Am I right?? Anyways, now we have to cover Rawlins and Saratoga which are about 30 minutes apart and both cities have a good amount of investigators so this will be interesting. 

Update on the work. We are actually teaching a former pastor named Josh who was introduced to us by his friend who is already reading the Book of Mormon and says that's it's really making him look at things differently and he is such a nice guy. Also literally he can quote like the whole Bible so it's fun teaching him but also learning things in the process. We also have a new investigator named Annette, and she is the sweetest thing ever! She and her husband are an older couple from the south and they really want to learn more about the church and when I bore my testimony to her she started to cry and the spirit was super strong so I'm happy and excited for what's in store for her. 

We dealt with a lot of canceled meetings this week which is why it was a little hard because I was so excited for each one.  But its okay I'm learning to stay positive. 

One last new investigator is Grant Rothenberger. His wife is a member and they want their son baptized so we will see what he will do, because the son wants Grant to be the one to do it once he turns 8. This guy Grant is super cool.  He is a full on hunter and has so many mounts of deer and even a couple bears and has a big Mastiff that weighs more than I do! He also has a bunch of blood hounds too.

Side note, I've never actually met so many polys (Tongans) before.  There are 4 in our zone and a recent convert named Folie who really wants to do a mini mission with us, so we are trying to get that figured out haha.

So that's about it for this week, I hope you all are having wonderful weeks and I would love to hear from you all.  It really would mean a lot and also pictures are like therapy for missionaries so I would love those too haha. 

I love you all so much!


Love,

Elder Litster

No comments:

Post a Comment