Tuesday, September 27, 2016

9/5/16

Hey friends and family,

So yeah it's starting to get cooler out here so I'm starting to get ready for the winter mentally haha. Just to let you know what my schedule is like.  I wake up at 4:45 and get to the Rec Center with Elder Prescott at 5 and work out till 7.  We then shower and eat and I am doing my personal/companion study by 8.  That goes till 10 then I get extra training since I'm new till 11.  Then we have lunch till 12, and then it's go time!  It's crazy the amount of stuff I get done before 12 now, haha.

Anyways this week went by so fast I didn't get a good chance to take down notes so I'm sorry everyone! 

So last P Day me and Elder Prescott got permission to get memberships at the Rec because President McMurray knows we love to work out.  So we went over and worked out a deal and now have free gym memberships in return for two hours of service a week. Pretty sweet right!? Anyways so that's why we now wake up so flipping early. 

On Tuesday we went contacting to all the referrals.  We set up a bunch of appointments with them and see a few real potentials which is sweet. We then had dinner with the Arnolds and got to hang with them and their kids for a bit which was really fun. A lot of this day was spent driving, but it's all good.

Wednesday we had district meeting with the two new elders Elder Pennington and Elder Vosika, Elder P is the District Leader and Elder V is the newest greeny haha.  Later in the day we got a couple of lessons in with Grant Rothenburger; his wife is a member and really wants him to be baptized.  We also met with Brother Helm.  

Thursday was a good day we taught a recent convert, Jason May.  We also taught Carmen who has been progressing a ton these past two weeks.  We also taught the Allens who are somewhat inactive, but we get to them once a week to try and encourage their prayers and scripture study. 

Friday was an interesting day because the whole time Elder Prescott was super hyper and being goofy haha.  We are currently trying to write a song using my Uke and the guitar I bought, so maybe one day we'll share it with y'all. He is also teaching me the Haka, but also teaching me the different types and the meaning behind them. Throughout the rest of the weekend we got like 6 more lessons in which was sweet, and we are just looking to build upon that this next week. 

I'd really love to hear how you all are doing and what's happening in Cali. Again send pictures of anything fun.  It's always nice to see y'alls funny faces haha.  Anyway, I love it here and love being a missionary and love each and everyone of you.

Love Elder Litster

No comments:

Post a Comment