Friday, July 8, 2016

7/1/16

Hey everyone!!!!


So I made through my first week! There is so much I have to say but it's going to be hard remembering all the details when I don't have a ton of time. Well I guess to start I'll talk about my companion and my district. My companion is Elder Brand, and he is a really interesting guy. He is pretty awkward but is a really humble kid and extremely smart so he is a good mix for me cause we are able to help each other out in growing and handling things here on our own. My first day was really crazy and there was like no time to breathe going to devotionals and classes and all that stuff. Oh by the way I am not yet in Colorado I am at the MTC and will be here for another 2 weeks. My district has been great and it's crazy how close we have gotten. The district is 7 other elders and 4 other sisters and we are #bestdistricteva


I have some pretty good news and I am proud to say the Litster name is representing here at the MTC because last Saturday I was assigned to be the Zone Leader which means for those who don't know that I am to oversee 4 other districts here 60+ elders and sisters so I have a big task of learning all their names. As far as how I am feeling being away from home I would say for the most part I'm holding up pretty well. I would love to get emails from all of you or letters to see how you are all doing and if I ever don't reply just know that I will be working on it and I will eventually get back to you.


So my schedule contains a bunch of personal study time and then we get our breakfast lunch and dinner of course and I have to say I am very proud of this past week. Apparently at the MTC everyone gains weight here but I have stayed very healthy and have been watching what I eat, lots of chicken and rice and salads. I also have found a very good work out partner in Elder Mills (in my district) and he works my butt every time but it's been great for me! I also have been working on basketball as well since it's one of the only sports I can play. A elder in my zone Elder Davis is crazy good and I get to shoot around with him and we've formed the best two man team and beat everyone we play. My first time playing with him we first were just shooting around and he was just so fast so I thought 'Hey ill start giving him some looks on his shots' and before you knew it he was crossing me over so hard I rolled my ankle so I had to buy a ankle brace and take lots of swelling medication haha. Totally worth it though.


Sadly the temple is closed so we can only walk around it and can't go in. Something pretty cool is we met our mission president and GET THIS!!!! We can fish on out Prep Days!!!! So that will be something fun to do up there once I’m in Colorado. Oh also we get to drive trucks because they are better for giving service so I am really excited about that. Also yesterday I ran into Jake Moberly which honestly brought me so much joy!! It was totally fate because I was going with Elder Brand to pick up his package and when we turned around to leave the mail room he was right there.


The days here feel so long it’s weird. So I get up at 6:30 everyday and don’t get to go back to bed till 10:30, and there is never any time to relax beside meal time haha, but I honestly need it so much so I’m not going to complain too much.


So as far as spiritually, I can testify I am growing at an insane rate! The spirit is just so strong here. I Love it!! I just have to remember that each day is a chance to learn and grow. I can't wait to make it out of here and go to Colorado to serve the people out there. I love you all and sorry if this was kind of short but they will get better as time goes on I promise!!

Love Elder Litster









No comments:

Post a Comment